Buffalo chicken flatbreads are a quick and easy appetizer or main dish that you can serve for dinner or to feed a crowd. This delicious recipe uses flatbread instead of pizza dough, making it a lighter option compared to regular buffalo chicken pizza. Plus, this flatbread pizza is ready in less than 15 minutes with my Instant Pot Shredded Chicken or Shredded buffalo chicken and 6 other simple ingredients.
Why Make Buffalo Chicken Flatbread Pizza
Here are a few reasons why you should make this buffalo chicken pizza recipe:
- Perfect crowd-pleaser: This flatbread pizza is a great option for feeding small crowds since it’s easy to make, convenient to serve, and fun to eat. The delicious buffalo flavor and flatbread crust make this dish an easy dinner, and/or perfect for game day.
- Quick: This dish uses ready-made flatbread, saving you the time needed to make pizza dough from scratch. With leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken, it’s on the table in 15 minutes.
- Easy recipe with basic ingredients: My buffalo chicken flatbread recipe is easy to follow and uses simple pantry ingredients. That said, make this recipe for buffalo chicken flatbread pizzas as an easy weeknight dinner or for quick dinners on the weekends.
Here is a list of ingredients for this buffalo chicken flatbread pizza recipe:
- Shredded Chicken: I’m using my instant pot shredded chicken, which includes chicken breasts or chicken thighs.
- Ranch seasoning mix: You can pick up your favorite ranch seasoning mix from the store. Or, you can use my homemade ranch seasoning recipe, which includes garlic powder, onion powder, and more.
- Frank’s red hot wing sauce
- Flatbread: If you don’t have this, then naan bread or pita bread would work well too!
- Boursin cheese: I use the garlic and fine herbs flavor. Softened cream cheese with chives would also work.
- Mozzarella cheese: shredded
- Blue cheese dressing: I used my homemade blue cheese dressing dip
- Green onions
Be sure to check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact ingredient amounts and the full instructions.
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Flatbread Pizza
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Add the chicken to a bowl with the spices and hot sauce. Mix to combine.
- Add the flatbread to a parchment-lined baking sheet
- Layer the Boursin cheese (I spread it across the entire flatbread with a butterknife), shredded cheese, buffalo chicken, blue cheese dressing (I use the tip of my finger to drop tiny dollops across the flatbread), and green onions.
- Bake the pizza for 8-10 minutes to melt the cheese and toast the flatbread. Drizzle more hot sauce, blue cheese dressing, and green onions on top of the spicy buffalo chicken and flat bread pizza.
Recipe Tips & FAQs
Use these simple tips to make the best buffalo chicken flatbreads:
- Alternative for instant pot shredded chicken: You can use shredded buffalo chicken (just skip making the homemade buffalo sauce) or leftover rotisserie chicken from the grocery store.
- Substitute Frank’s red hot wing sauce: You can substitute this by mixing 2 tbsp or regular Franks red hot sauce with ½ tbsp of melted butter.
- Alternative for Boursin cheese: Substitute this with onion and chive or plain softened cream cheese.
- Substitute mozzarella cheese: You can use shredded sharp cheddar cheese, Italian blend cheese, or pizza cheese blend for your buffalo chicken pizza flatbread.
- Optional: If you don’t want to use simple flatbread for this recipe, you can try using naan bread or pita bread, if you prefer.
How to Store Leftover Buffalo Chicken Flatbread
If you have any leftovers of these delicious flatbreads, the best way to store them is in an airtight container (or in a dish with plastic wrap) for the next day (up to 5 days).
On average, one serving of chicken cheese flatbread has about 400 calories.
If you’re on a low-carb or keto diet, store-bought flatbread may not serve your diet goals. However, it is definitely a lighter option compared to regular pizza dough.
Typically, flatbread has slightly fewer calories than regular bread. However, the calories also depend on the ingredients used for the flatbread and bread.
More Buffalo Chicken Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
- Buffalo Chicken Tacos
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta (Instant Pot)
Buffalo Chicken Flatbreads
- ⅓ cups shredded chicken from instant pot shredded chicken, click for the recipe
- ½ tsp ranch seasoning mix click for a recipe
- 2 tbsp Franks Red Hot Wing Sauce or mix 2 tbsp or regular frank’s hot sauce with ½ tbsp of melted butter.
- 1 Flatbread
- ¼ Boursin cheese about 2.5 tbsp, I cut the 5.2 oz package into quarters and used one quarter per pizza
- ½ cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp Blue cheese dressing click for a recipe, plus more for garnish/topping
- 1 tbsp Green Onions plus more for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Add the chicken to a bowl with the spices and hot sauce. Mix to combine.
- Make the flatbread pizza: add the flatbread to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Layer the boursin cheese (I spread it across the entire flatbread with a butterknife), shredded cheese, buffalo chicken, blue cheese dressing (I use the tip of my finger to drop tiny dollops across the flatbread) and green onions.
- Bake the pizza for 8-10 minutes to melt the cheese and toast the flatbread.
- Drizzle more hot sauce, blue cheese dressing, and green onions on top.