Buffalo chicken sliders on Hawaiian rolls are the real deal if you’re looking for something delicious and easy to make and eat for dinner or game day. They use instant pot shredded chicken or shredded buffalo chicken plus a few other simple ingredients. Everything comes together in about 30 minutes.
Why Make These
Here are a few reasons why you should make this buffalo chicken slider recipe:
- Easy recipe for dinner or appetizer for a game day: These sliders are perfect for an easy dinner or game day appetizer.
- Simple ingredients: This buffalo chicken sliders recipe uses simple ingredients that you most likely already have in your kitchen or can easily get from the grocery store.
Here’s what you’ll need to gather. Be sure to head to the recipe card at the bottom of the post for the exact ingredient amounts.
- Hawaiian sweet rolls or mini brioche slider buns
- Garlic butter: Melted and mixed with garlic powder
- Shredded chicken: From instant pot shredded chicken (warm the chicken in the microwave if necessary and drain excess liquid. You can use chicken breasts or thighs.
- Ranch seasoning
- Franks Red Hot Sauce
- Butter: Melted, unsalted
- Coleslaw: I used my easy coleslaw recipe
- Blue cheese dressing: I used my homemade blue cheese dressing dip
- Green onions
How To Make Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Use a large serrated knife (bread knife) to cut the pack of Hawaiian rolls in half.
- Use a basting brush to brush the garlic butter on the inside of the top and bottom half of the rolls. Toast each top half of the rolls (face-down) on a griddle pan (for about a minute, depending on how hot your pan is). Your dinner rolls should be a toasty, golden brown color when ready.
- Mix the buffalo sauce, melted butter, and ranch in a bowl. Add the shredded chicken. Stir and mix to combine.
- When ready to serve, add the bottom half of the sweet Hawaiian rolls on a baking sheet or serving tray. Layer the blue cheese dressing, buffalo chicken, green onions, and coleslaw over the bottom half of the bread. Place the top layer of bread on top. Or pull the bread apart and assemble individual sliders.
Recipe Tips & FAQ
- Alternative for instant pot shredded chicken: You can use shredded buffalo chicken (just skip making the homemade spicy buffalo sauce) or rotisserie chicken from the grocery store.
- Store the bread in the fridge: I typically store the bread in the refrigerator to firm up and take it out right before toasting. This makes the bread easier to cut.
- Assemble when ready to eat: Only assemble each buffalo chicken sandwich when ready to serve so that the brioche buns don’t get soggy from sitting with the chicken mixture and toppings.
Storage and Leftovers
If you have any leftover chicken from this buffalo chicken sliders recipe, the best way to store them is in an airtight container (or in aluminum foil) in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Or, store the leftover spicy chicken in a freezer bag in the freezer for 3-4 months.
You can serve your sliders with various sides including grilled vegetables, french fries, sweet potato fries, pasta salad, and more. You can get recipes from my best chicken sandwich sides recipe list.
Chicken sliders are made of shredded chicken topped with vegetables and slider buns or rolls.
Buffalo chicken is versatile so you can eat it with any of your favorite side dishes.
A slider is smaller than a burger and it also contains less meat.
More Game Day Recipes
Buffalo chicken sliders are great, but switching them up with equally amazing treats will spice up the football season. Below are more gameday recipes:
- Nashville hot chicken tenders
- BBQ Chicken Sliders
- Lemon pepper air fryer wings
- BBQ chicken nachos
- Sweet chili wings
- Air Fryer Chicken Meatballs
Buffalo Chicken Sliders on Hawaiian Rolls
- 12 Hawaiian rolls or mini brioche slider buns
- ¼ cup Garlic Butter ¼ cup melted butter mixed with ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 3 cups shredded chicken from instant pot shredded chicken, warm the chicken if needed in the microwave and drain off any excess liquid
- 2 tsp ranch seasoning
- 1/3 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce
- 1 tbsp Butter unsalted and melted
- 8 oz coleslaw
- ¼ cup Blue cheese dressing from above
- Use a serrated knife (bread knife) to cut the pack of Hawaiian rolls in half. I typically take my bread right from the refrigerator, which makes the bread easier to cut.
- Use a basting brush to brush the garlic butter on the inside of the top and bottom halves of the bread.
- Preheat a griddle pan to medium-low heat.
- Toast each half of the bread (face-down) on a griddle pan (about 1 minute depending on how hot your pan is)
- Mix the Buffalo sauce, butter and ranch in a bowl. Add the shredded chicken. Stir and mix to combine.
- When ready to serve: Add the bottom half of the bread on a baking sheet or serving tray. Layer the blue cheese dressing, buffalo chicken, green onions, and coleslaw over the bottom half of the bread. Place the top layer of bread on top. OR pull the bread apart and assemble individual sliders.