These air fryer boneless skinless chicken thighs are juicy and crispy. They’re the perfect family meal starters and great for meal prep. Ready in the air fryer in less than 30 minutes using a few basic ingredients.
Why Air Fry Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
Here are a few reasons why you should make this air fryer boneless chicken thigh recipe:
- Easy chicken recipe: You need 5 simple ingredients for this easy recipe and its cooking process. Simply season the chicken thighs, add them to the air fryer, and let the gadget do its magic. That said, add these easy air fryer chicken thighs to your list of air fryer recipes.
- Perfect for meal prep and families: This simple dish is a perfect meal starter for the whole family and convenient for meal prep.
- Quick meal: These juicy air fryer boneless chicken thighs will be ready in less than 30 minutes, which makes them perfect for busy weeknights.
Here are the ingredients needed for this air fryer chicken thighs recipe:
- Chicken thighs: I’m using boneless skinless thighs (which cook faster than bone-in chicken thighs).
- Sea salt
- 24 herb seasoning: This is a salt-free spice blend that includes black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, turmeric, and more. I get this from the spice aisle at my local grocery store.
- Smoked paprika
- Avocado oil (or olive oil)
Be sure to check out the full recipe card below for the exact ingredient amounts.
How To Make Air Fryer Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Pat the raw chicken thighs dry with a paper towel. Add the chicken to a large bowl. Mix the spices in a small bowl.
- Add the mixed spices and oil to the bowl with the boneless thighs, then evenly coat the chicken with the seasoning and oil.
- Place chicken thighs into the air fryer in a single layer.
- Air fry the chicken thighs at 400 degrees for a cooking time of 20-22 minutes (the goal is to cook the meat through and get it golden brown).
Recipe Tips & FAQs
- Mix the spices in a small bowl: Mixing the spices before applying ensures even distribution on the chicken thighs.
- Pat the chicken dry: To help coat the chicken evenly and keep the spices on the meat.
- Unravel chicken if needed: Unravelling the chicken ensures that all the parts of the meat are coated.
- Add the chicken to the air fryer basket in a single layer: It helps with air circulation.
- No need to flip the chicken: The air fryer boneless skinless chicken thighs will cook evenly even without flipping them. Placing them in a single layer allows for an even distribution of heat.
- Optional: While not needed, if you prefer, you can confirm the internal temperature of the chicken with a meat thermometer or an instant-read thermometer.
- For easy clean-up: Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray or olive oil spray to help prevent the chicken from sticking or use an air fryer liner.
Storage and Leftovers
If you have any leftovers from this air fryer skinless boneless chicken thighs recipe, the best way to store them is in an airtight container for up to 5 days. You can also store them in a freezer bag in your freezer for months.
I cook my air fryer boneless chicken thighs at 400 degrees for 20-22 minutes. Bone-in thighs may take an extra 5 minutes to cook.
Cooked boneless chicken thighs should have an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
No. Boneless chicken breasts take about 15 minutes to cook while boneless skinless chicken thighs take at least 20 minutes to cook.
It’s nearly impossible to overcook chicken thighs. But, to avoid the rubbery texture, cook them at 400 degrees until the internal temperature is at 165 degrees, not beyond. This will help you have some delicious, juicy chicken thighs.
More Air Fryer Boneless Skinless Chicken Thigh Recipes
Below are more air fryer chicken recipes using boneless skinless chicken thighs:
- Cajun chicken thighs (air fryer)
- Buffalo chicken thighs (air fryer)
- BBQ boneless chicken thighs
- Cajun chicken sandwich
- Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
Air Fryer Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer
- 1 lb chicken thighs boneless and skinless
- ½ tsp Natural Ancient Sea Salt
- 2 tsp 24 herb sprinkle seasoning I use Braggs
- ½ tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil or olive oil
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Add the chicken to a large bowl.
- Mix the spices together in a small bowl.
- Add the mixed spices and oil to the bowl with the chicken. Then, evenly coat the chicken with the seasoning and oil. Unravel the chicken if needed to ensure that all parts of the chicken are coated.
- Add the chicken to the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Air fry the chicken thighs at 400 degrees for 20-22 minutes. The goal is to cook the meat through and get it golden brown. No need to flip the chicken.