These BBQ chicken flatbreads are the perfect option for a busy weeknight family dinner or game day. Skip the long pizza dough process and use flatbread to make quick and delicious pizza treats. This recipe is super easy and requires a handful of simple ingredients. Ready in about 15 minutes.
Why Make Barbecue Chicken Flatbread Pizza
Here are a few reasons why you should make this delicious BBQ chicken flatbread recipe for pizza night:
- Quick pizza: Making pizza dough from scratch is time-consuming. Using ready-made flatbread in this recipe saves you time.
- Easy recipe with simple ingredients: Simply add all the ingredients except the cilantro to the flatbread and bake. Then add the cilantro, more sauce, and, more green onions for garnishing. The ingredients are simple and readily available. That said, make this simple recipe for an easy weeknight dinner, or an easy meal for the weekend that the whole family will enjoy!
- Perfect for weeknight dinner and game day: This BBQ chicken flatbread recipe takes less than 30 minutes from prep to plate. It’s great for easy weeknight dinners and game-day snacks.
Here’s the list of ingredients for this BBQ chicken flatbread pizza recipe:
- Shredded chicken: I’m using my instant pot shredded chicken, which includes boneless chicken breasts. But, feel free to use leftover rotisserie chicken or chicken thighs like I do in shredded bbq chicken.
- BBQ chicken rub: I’m using a homemade spice blend that includes things like brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and more. I keep it on hand for things like baked bbq chicken thighs. But, your favorite brown sugar BBQ seasoning will also work (just add it to taste).
- BBQ sauce: Feel free to use your favorite BBQ sauce (whether that’s tangy BBQ sauce, hickory, or even homemade BBQ sauce).
- Flatbread: You can use store-bought or homemade flatbread. You can also use naan bread or even pita bread.
- Boursin cheese: I use the garlic and fine herb flavor.
- Mozzarella cheese: Shredded
- Green onions
- Bacon bits
- Fresh Cilantro
- Optional: Red onion
Be sure to check the recipe card at the end of the post for the exact ingredient amounts and full instructions.
How To Make BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Add the pieces of chicken to a bowl with the spices and BBQ sauce. Mix to combine.
- Place flatbread onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Layer the Boursin cheese (I spread it across flatbread with a butterknife), shredded cheese, BBQ chicken, bacon bits, and green onions.
- Bake the pizza for 8-10 minutes to melt the cheese and toast the flatbread until it’s golden brown. Drizzle more BBQ sauce, and add bacon bits, cilantro, and green onions on top, especially over the juicy chicken and flatbread pizza crust.
Recipe Tips & FAQs
- Other chicken options: You can also use instant pot shredded BBQ chicken (just skip the BBQ sauce and rub in this recipe since they’re already included) or use rotisserie chicken from the grocery store.
- Alternative for Boursin cheese: Substitute this with onion and chive or plain softened cream cheese.
- Mozzarella cheese substitutes: Sharp cheddar cheese, Italian blend cheese, or pizza cheese blend would also work.
Suggestions For Toppings & Garnishings
Below are some toppings and garnishing suggestions for BBQ chicken pizza flatbreads:
- Green onion
- Bacon bits
- Red pepper flakes
How to Store Leftover Chicken or Leftover Pizza
If you have any leftovers from this barbecue chicken pizza recipe, a great way to store them is in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
More BBQ Chicken Recipes
BBQ Chicken Flatbreads
- ⅓ cups shredded chicken from instant pot shredded chicken, click for the recipe
- 1 tsp bbq chicken rub or your favorite brown sugar bbq seasoning
- 3 tbsp bbq sauce plus more for drizzling
- 1 Flatbread If you cannot find flatbread, then it is ok to use naan bread or pita bread
- ¼ Boursin cheese about 2.5 tbsp, I cut the 5.2 oz package into quarters and used one quarter per pizza
- ½ cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp green onions diced
- 1 tbsp bacon bits from 1 crisped slice of bacon
- 1 tbsp cilantro plus more for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Add the chicken to a bowl with the spices and bbq sauce. Mix to combine.
- Add the flatbread to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Layer the boursin cheese (I spread it across the entire flatbread with a butterknife), shredded cheese, bbq chicken, bacon bits, and green onions.
- Bake the pizza for 8-10 minutes to melt the cheese and toast the flatbread.
- Drizzle more bbq sauce, add bacon bits, cilantro, and green onions on top.