This cajun chicken wrap is the perfect option for an easy lunch or dinner. It’s packed with meat, veggies, and bold flavors. It pairs with my air fryer cajun chicken thighs or leftover chicken and a handful of other basic ingredients. Plus, it’s ready in less than 30 minutes. Enjoy this as is or with one of these chicken sandwich sides to make a meal.
Why Make This?
- Easy lunch or dinner with simple ingredients: This is an easy option for lunch or dinner that uses common ingredients. It’s also a quick fix if you’re using leftover meat and not having to make the cajun chicken from scratch.
- Can use fresh or leftover cajun chicken: It’s a great way to repurpose your leftover cajun chicken (such as chicken from my cajun chicken thighs recipe) and break the monotony while saving time.
- Chicken thighs: Boneless and skinless. Also, chicken thighs are typically more flavorful than chicken breasts.
- Cajun seasoning: This typically includes salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and more. I am using my own homemade recipe.
- Avocado Oil: I prefer using avocado oil since it works best in air fryer chicken recipes. But, you can also use olive oil
- Spicy mayo: For spicy chicken wraps, I add a mix mayo and sriracha as a topping
- Burrito-size flour tortilla wraps: You can use these or flour taco shells
- Shredded romaine lettuce
- Cherry tomatoes: Halved or quartered
- Red onions: Thinly sliced
- Bacon: Crisped
How To Make Air Fryer Cajun Chicken Wrap
Air Fry the Chicken
- To season chicken, add the chicken thighs to a large mixing bowl with the Cajun spices and oil. Toss to coat the chicken evenly. Place the chicken thighs in a single layer on the air fryer basket and air fry at 400 for 20-22 minutes.
Assemble the Wraps
- Heat a large cast iron pan or another nonstick pan or griddle to medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes. Add the burrito wraps one at a time and heat for 10-15 seconds per side.
- For each wrap: Add 2-3 large spoonfuls of spicy mayo, juicy chicken, and a generous amount of lettuce, tomatoes, and thin red onion slices.
- Close the wrap, add it back to the pan, and toast both sides of the closed wrap for additional browning. Leftover sauce can be served with the wrap in a dipping cup along with extra spicy mayo.
Recipe Tips & FAQs
- Toast the closed wraps: For additional browning.
- For low-carb wraps: Use your favorite low-carb tortillas.
- Use fresh or leftover chicken: This cajun chicken wrap recipe uses either fresh or leftover cajun chicken.
- For spicy wraps: Use spicy mayo for spicy chicken wraps.
Storage and Leftover
If you have any leftover chicken pieces from this great recipe, the best way to store them is in an airtight container for the next day (up to 5 days).
A chicken wrap is made of boneless chicken meat, vegetables, and spices wrapped in burrito-size flour wraps.
Substitute low-carb tortillas for regular flour wraps to make a healthier chicken wrap option. You can also try replacing some of your tortilla wraps with lettuce wraps for a very low-carb version of this recipe.
A cajun chicken wrap goes with most sides, including coleslaw, Greek salad, french fries, grilled vegetables, pasta salad, and many more. You can get ideas from my best sides for chicken sandwiches collection.
Chicken wraps are loaded with healthy chicken meat and veggies. But, depending on your goals, you might need to make some substitutes. For example, you can use low-carb tortillas or lettuce wraps instead of regular flour wraps. Also, I use chicken thighs in this recipe, but if you prefer, feel free to use boneless skinless chicken breast instead.
In that case, you can try using some rotisserie chicken from your favorite grocery stores. For added flavor, you can toss the chicken in some cajun seasoning (add to taste).
Cajun Chicken Wrap
- Air Fryer
- 1 lb chicken thighs boneless and skinless
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning click for the recipe
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil or olive oil
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sriracha
- 3 Burrito Size Flour Wraps or 6 taco size wraps
- 2 cups Shredded Romaine Lettuce
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes halved or quartered
- ½ cup Red Onions thinly sliced
- 6 slices Bacon crisped
Air Fry the Chicken
- Add the chicken thighs to a large mixing bowl with the spices and oil. Be sure to unravel the chicken if needed.
- Toss to coat the chicken evenly.
- Place the chicken thighs in a single layer on the air fryer basket. Be sure to get as much of the oil and spices from the bowl as possible
- Air fry 400 for 20-22 min
Assemble the Wraps
- Heat a large cast iron pan, or another non-stick pan or griddle to medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the burrito wraps 1 at a time and heat for 10-15 seconds per side.
- For each wrap: Add 2-3 large spoonfuls of spicy mayo, chicken, and a generous amount of lettuce, tomatoes, and red onions
- Close the wrap, add it back to the pan, and toast both sides of the closed wrap for additional browning.
- Leftover sauce can be served with the wrap in a dipping cup along with extra spicy mayo.