This buffalo chicken wrap (air fryer recipe) is perfect for lunch or an easy dinner. You can use leftover buffalo chicken meat or make the chicken from scratch in your air fryer. Pair it with any of these sides for chicken sandwiches and wraps to make it a meal. Ready in about 30 minutes.
Why Make Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wraps
- Easy recipe with simple ingredients: These air fryer buffalo chicken wraps simply require you to make buffalo chicken in your air fryer, then add it to flour tortillas with your favorite toppings for an easy meal.
- Can use any cooked or leftover buffalo chicken: This buffalo chicken wrap recipe can use already cooked meat like my buffalo chicken tenders, air fryer buffalo chicken breasts, buffalo chicken thighs, or shredded buffalo chicken. It’s also a great way to repurpose your leftover meat like rotisserie chicken.
- Perfect as a lunch wrap or easy dinner: You can make this whenever you need something easy and quick for lunch or dinner.
- Low-carb option: If you’re cutting carbs, replace regular flour wrap with a low-carb tortilla.
Making buffalo chicken wraps doesn’t require much. Here’s what you’ll need to gather to make juicy buffalo chicken:
- Chicken breasts
- Natural ancient sea salt: Optional
- Black pepper
- Smoked paprika
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
Homemade Buffalo Sauce
- Frank’s red hot sauce: I prefer this tangy buffalo sauce because it also includes things like garlic powder. But, you can also use Frank’s buffalo wing sauce as well as other different brands of hot sauce too!
- Butter: Unsalted
Wrap Filling Ingredients
- Burrito-size flour tortillas or your favorite low carb tortilla
- Shredded romaine lettuce
- Homemade blue cheese dressing
- Cherry tomatoes: Halved or quartered
- Red onions: Thinly sliced
Be sure to check out the recipe card at the end of the post for the full recipe, including the exact ingredient amounts and directions.
Best Buffalo Chicken Recipes For Wraps
Below are different ways to make chicken for buffalo chicken wraps:
- Buffalo chicken tenders
- Air fryer buffalo chicken breasts
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Bites
- Buffalo chicken thighs
- Shredded buffalo chicken
- Slow cooker buffalo chicken
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Wrap in the Air Fryer
Follow these 4 simple steps to make the best buffalo chicken wrap in the air fryer:
- Air fry the chicken breasts at 400 for 6-8 minutes per side (depending on how large they are).
- Toss the cooked chicken in the sauce and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Cut the breast or tenders into thin slices and return it to the sauce.
- Heat a large cast iron pan for 2-3 minutes, add the burrito wraps one at a time, and heat for 10-15 seconds per side.
- For each wrap, add 2-3 large spoonfuls of blue cheese dressing, chicken with some hot sauce, a generous amount of lettuce, tomatoes, and red onions.
Top Cooking Tips & FAQs
- You can use pre-cooked chicken or cook the meat from scratch: I’m making the chicken breasts from scratch, but 3 cups of pre-cooked buffalo chicken or about 1 lb of different types of leftover chicken will work in this recipe.
- For rotisserie chicken: Shred the meat and toss it in the homemade buffalo sauce.
- To make a low-carb wrap: Use your favorite low-carb tortilla.
- Toast the closed wrap: After closing the wrap, toast it again on both sides for additional browning.
A great thing about this recipe is that you can really make it your own. Here are some other options:
- For extra spicy flavors: add a bit of ghost pepper spice or cayenne pepper to the buffalo sauce.
- Make buffalo ranch sauce: You can simply add your own homemade ranch seasoning or a ranch seasoning from the grocery store to the buffalo sauce to taste.
- Add shredded cheese: I prefer a lot of blue cheese flavor so I do not add other cheese. But, shredded colby jack cheese or cheddar cheese would also work well in this wrap.
Storage & Leftovers
You can store your leftover buffalo chicken wraps in an airtight container or wrap them tightly in aluminum foil for the next day.
If you are making these as part of meal prep, I recommend that you store each of the components separately.
Suggestions For Toppings & Garnishes
- A small bowl of blue cheese dressing and leftover hot sauce
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Celery sticks
- Shredded cheese like Colby jack
- Ranch dressing to make buffalo ranch chicken wraps
Air fryer buffalo chicken wrap goes well with most side dishes. You can have it with green beans, cornbread, french fries, mac & cheese, and others. You can get some ideas from this post on sides for chicken sandwiches, which also includes ideas for chicken wraps.
More Buffalo Chicken Recipes
If you love this buffalo chicken wraps recipe, then you’ll also love these:
- Buffalo Chicken Breast (Air Fryer)
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Tenders
- Buffalo Shredded Chicken
- Buffalo Chicken Tacos
Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wrap
- 1.25 lbs Chicken breasts
- 1/4 tsp Natural Ancient Sea Salt optional
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil or olive oil
- 1/3 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 1 tbsp Butter unsalted
- 3 Burrito Size Flour Wraps
- 2 cups Shredded Romaine Lettuce
- 1/3 cup Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing click for the recipe
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes halved or quartered
- ½ cup red onions thinly sliced
Make Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken
- Mix the spices together in a small bowl
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken breasts to a large mixing bowl with the spices and oil. Toss to coat the chicken evenly.
- Place the chicken breasts in a single layer on the air fryer basket.
- Air fry 400 for 6-8 min per side, depending on how large your chicken breasts are.
- Mix the buffalo sauce ingredients.
- Toss the cooked chicken in sauce, allow it to rest in the Buffalo sauce for 5 minutes.
- Cut the chicken breast or chicken tenders into thin slices and return it to the sauce.
Assemble the Wraps
- Heat a large cast iron pan, or another non-stick pan or griddle to medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the burrito wraps 1 at a time and heat for 10-15 seconds per side.
- For each wrap: Add 2-3 large spoonfuls of blue cheese dressing, chicken with some of the hot sauce, and a generous amount of lettuce, tomatoes, and red onions.
- Close the wrap, add it back to the pan, and toast both sides of the closed wrap for additional browning.
- Leftover sauce can be served with the wrap in a dipping cup along with extra blue cheese.